INK: More Than A Newsletter

THE-PIVOT-Landscape
Graphics by Laya S.

INK Enderun, an award-winning student publication, has always been more than the official newsletter of the school. It is not only underpinned by the articles being published and the graphics posted along with it, nor its eloquent writers with their poignant words and inventive editors who always go beyond the box. Rather, INK would not be the same without the Enderun community.

Since its inception back in 2006, INK has always been set to become more than just another student publication. With the intention of uniting the Titan community and creating not only a platform for the students to engage with one another, but providing authentic, honest, and interesting article pieces as well. Thus, INK has become a home base for Titans to share their stories and experiences through their gifts of ingenuity, transcending the definition of a standard student publication.

With the continuous influx of events and news that epitomizes Enderun, the team came up with new columns that cater to both the students and faculty members and revamped the old columns with a fresh twist. The Pivot is a great example of this; much like a turning point, The Pivot is devoted to sharing the stories of how people within the Enderun community have adapted to the current circumstances or situation. The other new columns include Student Spotlight, Days With Jango, Mi Casa es Su Casa, and many more. Alongside the new columns, INK also welcomed its new members from both the senior high and college departments.

At the heart of INK is its core editorial team consisting of Angeli Sato, the Editor-In-Chief, Reinielle Labay, the Assistant Editor-In-Chief for writing, and Laya S., the Assistant Editor-In-Chief for digital and layout. In the News department are Erica Beato, Khrysstyn Damuy, Sean Rosas, and Eunice Ignacio. For Features, we have Manolo Uy, Jacob Laigo, Nicole Chua, Camille Jacinto, Elisha Saquilayan, Erica Beato, Khrysstyn Damuy, Sean Rosas, and Eunice Ignacio. The Creative team is composed of Akio Macaraeg, Alexzandra Salamat, Dorothy Joy Tagle, Kayle Abad, Kiersten Areola, Somita Singh. Last but not the least, in Public Relations and Advertising, are Joshua Dautil, Carina Concepcion, and Jose Agustin. Supervising the team is Senior High Principal and INK moderator Ms. Cherry Tan; and Enderun alumna and Managing Editor, Izzy Matias.

Since the organisation’s revival last October 2020, INK Enderun has already garnered two awards, namely, The 2020 Manila Times Campus Press Awards 2nd Runner Up in Best News Story and The 2020 Manila Times Campus Press Awards 2nd Runner Up in Best News Website.

January 18th, 2021 marked INK’s official reintroduction and inauguration to the Enderun community and digital world respectively. In hopes of augmenting the negative stigmas shrouding the pandemic, INK released its first issue since relaunching with the theme of Titans Arise: Igniting Hope in The New Normal.

Angeli Sato, the current Editor-In-Chief, wishes to instill to the Enderun community that, “Enderun INK is an organization that perceives journalism as an instrument that can keep the Enderun Community together especially during the most difficult and trying times.” It is a platform that expounds boundaries, by taking away fear and despair and integrating a greater sense of self and hope in everyone.

If you’re a student at Enderun Colleges and are interested in joining the team, please send an email to ink@enderuncolleges.com with your desired position and sample work.

AWARDS AS OF JANUARY 2021

Contest Awards
Manila Times Campus Press 2020 2nd Runner up in Best News Story for Sean’s article The Media: Then and Now, and Our Part In It
Manila Times Campus Press 2020 2nd Runner up in Best News Website

GET TO KNOW THE MEMBERS

You may also like...